*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934604-Memories-of-My-Pets
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #1806613
The Saga of Prosperous Snow Continues
#934604 added May 15, 2018 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
Memories of My Pets
Tuesday, May 15, 2018

 The Cats (that used to be) in My Life  (13+)
Fun (Non-Political) Article Prompt WC: 1142
#2131156 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2007
Write about a pet that you have, have had, or want to have.

 A Cat Called Jay  (ASR)
Jay tells his story
#2001167 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

I had dogs and cats in my life throughout my childhood and into my adult years. We usually had cats and dogs at the same time, and they always got along well after the first introduction. Once the dogs knew who was boss, every on shared their love with their humans. The first dog and cat I have a clear memory of was Patsy and Mittens, I'm not sure if we had them at the same time or not. Patsy--an American Cocker Spaniel--had two litters of pups, the first litter was six mixed breed puppies who looked like their mother. In the second litter, when we had her bred with another Cocker Spaniel, she had one puppy. His name was Skeezix.

Skeezix  (E)
My Grandfather's Black American Cocker Spaniel
#2150988 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

Mittens was a black and white tom cat of no specific breed. He was given to us as a kitten, and never neutered. He was a typical tom, who roamed the our neighborhood in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I'm sure that numerous black and white cats, who live in Blackwell today can trace their paternity back to Mittens. There was a feral female cat under our house on West College that had mostly black and white kittens every year. Since Mitten didn't allow any other tom cat near his territory, I'm sure he fathered most of her litters.

 Epitaph to Mittens  (ASR)
Mittens was my first childhood pet
#2030897 by Prosperous Snow celebrating



© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934604-Memories-of-My-Pets