*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934606-Gods-Grace-Revealed-Through-the-All-the-Sacred-Scriptures
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#934606 added May 15, 2018 at 3:03pm
Restrictions: None
God's Grace Revealed Through the All the Sacred Scriptures
Fiḍál (Grace), 18 Jamál (Beauty) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, May 15, 2018

"Humanity is but a single Brotherhood:
So make peace with your brethren."
The Holy Qur'an 49:10

I was raised in Blackwell, Oklahoma, in a Southern Baptist family. On Sunday, I went to Sunday School at either the First Southern Baptist Mission in the Smelter Heights, or the First Southern Baptist Church uptown. It was at the Mission (My family always called the little church in the Smelter Heights the Mission.) that I accepted Christ as my personal savior, but it was at the Big Church uptown that I was baptist. At that time, I knew of only one sacred book, the Holy Bible, which (I was told.) combined both Jewish and Christian scriptures.


I didn't learn there were other Holy Books until I left Oklahoma and moved to Las Vegas. By the time I moved to Las Vegas, I'd been on my personal spiritual search for several years. When I came to Las Vegas I heard about the Baha'i Faith. I declared my belief in Baha'u'llah at the first fireside (introduction to the Baha'i beliefs) attended. I knew, from the Writing of Baha'u'llah that were introduced at the Fireside that Baha'u'llah was sent from the same God that sent Christ.

Grace of God1

Through the Grace of God
humanity is one race:
a single brotherhood,
and sisterhood.

Through the Grace of the Almighty,
the sacred scriptures
have been sent down
to guide the human soul.

The sacred books I have in the house, at present, are all Baha'i scriptures. I used to have a Holy Bible, which belonged to Grandma Mary. I let my sister send that to my brother Tom in Colorado, because he ask for Grandma's bible. I have a copy of the Holy Qur'an and the Bhagavad Gita in storage, and I expect to find those when my sister bring another bunch of my stuff she has in storage. I'm happy with the sacred books I have in the house, at this time, if I want to look up a scripture I can do so on the Internet. The scripture I have at the beginning of this entry, I found on Facebook. One of the groups I belong to has members who are Baha'i, Christian, and Muslim.

Footnotes
1  Posted on my offsite blog Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From Her Cocoon.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/934606-Gods-Grace-Revealed-Through-the-All-the-Sacred-Scriptures