*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935661-June-2-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#935661 added June 2, 2018 at 5:46pm
Restrictions: None
June 2, 2018
"June 2, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: They say that laughter is the best medicine. Write your opinion of this statement, or write something funny to make us laugh."

I have to disagree with this statement. While I agree that laughter is indeed good medicine, and in fact I was offered an opportunity to go to work for Doctor Patch Adams at his hospital in southern West Virginia when I graduated school. However I believe there is something even better than laughter. It is faith. My faith has brought me more joy and peace than anything I have ever known. All I had to do was get myself out of the way, quit following my intellect, and start following my heart. My intellect still believes life came from nothing, rolls along, and ends in nothingness. However when I started following my heart and trusted Jesus Christ my life took on meaning and purpose. My struggles all became manageable molehills instead of the mountains they had been. I began to have perspective and serenity like I had never known before.

Blog City image small Prompt: "What does a person mean when they say they need space?"

I have always taken it to mean that they are essentially telling me to buzz off. I guess it's up to the individual what they mean. They could be saying that they need to be in space as a character in a Star Trek novel I am reading expressed earlier. Or they could be saying they need more room to kick up their heels as I often said after moving from the country and into a town. They usually simply mean that they want some privacy and time alone.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935661-June-2-2018