*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935866-Something-to-Do-with-the-Self
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#935866 added June 6, 2018 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
Something to Do with the Self
Prompt: Life is about creating yourself, not finding yourself. Do you agree?

--------

Yes, I do, in a way. I could never warm up to the finding oneself idea. You have to lose something to find it. Or you come across something that you didn’t know existed. Most of us are aware of ourselves from birth on.

Creating or even re-creating oneself may be better but not exact either because, really, who created us is God or Nature or Universe--choose your pick. I honestly don’t think I created myself in any shape or form.

Growing into oneself or maybe cultivating oneself, as far as the concept goes, is a more preferable term to me since we amass experiences and mind our trials and errors, we learn from them, and we grow internally. Age may have something to do with it, but I think, not as much, as I have seen some grown-up young people who are emotionally and mentally more stable and mature than sixty or seventy-year-olds.

Not that I am blaming anyone who is late in growing or anyone who is acting immaturely. They may well be suffering from the side effects of living in an imperfect world with imperfect people. Because of that and possibly other factors, too, for some people, true adulthood is a faraway destination.

© Copyright 2018 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935866-Something-to-Do-with-the-Self