*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936179-June-12-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#936179 added June 12, 2018 at 4:07am
Restrictions: None
June 12, 2018
{entry Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Let these words inspire your entry. pipe, organise, massive, nuts, feed, skinny, car, worship, watch."

I once visited a church which used a pipe organ in its worship. The organ sounded so mournful that it reminded me more of a dirge than a worship service. It was then that I began to realize that worship services weren't meant to be man pleasing. They were meant to be God pleasing. The massive pipe organ may have sounded terrible to my young ears but I was not at church to be entertained. All too often worship services become entertainment. Big bands play and not a single person in the congregation joins in the singing. They simply sit there waiting for the service to feed them instead of realizing that they are there to feed God. Then they listen to some nuts preaching a feel good gospel of prosperity and peace when God is saying there will be no peace. The gospel they preach is nuts! Why organize a church service if you aren't going to worship God and preach the truth? You may as well get in your car and go home. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. I would rather participate in a worship service that is boring than watch ten services that are useless! They may leave me feeling skinny but I'd rather be bored in heaven than to be entertained in hell!

Blog City image small "Prompt: Do you think travel is stressful, and what would you do if you found yourself alone in a foreign country where you don’t know the language and you don’t even know if there’s an embassy of your country?"

I don't know if travel to a foreign land is stressful or not because I have never done so. I'm 57 years old and have never really left my home state with the exception of a few overnight trips to other states and a short period of military service that involved no travel. I have never even seen the ocean. When I was in a place where I could see the ocean I did not go because I was there for work. I saw Chesapeake Bay in Baltimore because it was on my way to work. Aside from that I did my job and went to my quarters. Foreign languages are a mystery to me. People could cuss me out and I would simply smile at them because I would not have a clue!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936179-June-12-2018