*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936291-June-14-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#936291 added June 14, 2018 at 6:53am
Restrictions: None
June 14, 2018
"June 14, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "The longest minute I've ever known was."

The longest minute I've ever known was the minutes I awaited heart surgery. I had a triple by-pass last June and knowing that I was going to be clinically dead, kept alive by machinery was terrifying. I knew the machinery was dependable but that in no way made the apprehension and anxiety any less tolerable. The one thing that did make it all tolerable was my faith in Jesus Christ. I knew that no matter what happened I would be in good hands because even if I died I would be safe. As the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 1: 21 "To live is Christ and to die is gain."

By that he meant that as long as he was living he could preach Christ and if he died he would be with Christ so for him it was a win-win situation as it is for all Christians.

Blog City image small "Prompt: "Start each day like it was your Birthday." Kate Spade How would you live each day if everyday was your Birthday?"

I try to live each day as if it were my second birth day. When I experienced my second birth I was set on fire for Jesus. I try to live that way each day now as well. New Christians have a zeal that is often unsurpassed. God wants us all to have that zeal. Unfortunately the cares of life usually enter in and people get encumbered with work or other cares and Jesus ends up being pushed onto the back burner. God is clear that anything that comes before him becomes an idol! I do not want to be guilty of idolatry so try to use every opportunity to share Jesus Christ through my words and actions.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936291-June-14-2018