*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936391-June-16-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#936391 added June 16, 2018 at 2:31am
Restrictions: None
June 16, 2018
"June 16, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniform Just what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs"Prompt: Many people have trouble with forgiveness because they have been taught it is a singular act to be completed in one sitting. That is not so. Forgiveness has many layers, many seasons. Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Let this quote inspire your blog entry."

I recently preached at my church and the topic of my sermon was forgiveness. I preached it because there is a lot of bitterness in our church. I also preached it because I love my church family and I;m not willing to see any of them suffer loss because of sin. You see holding a grudge against a brother or sister in Christ or anybody else for that matter is a sin. Jesus taught us that we are to be willing to forgive. Matthew 18: 21-36 was the text I used in preaching my sermon. In it a slave had borrowed money from his master and the master went to collect. The slave didn't have it so the master seized everything he had including his family, ordered it all sold, and the bill repaid. The slave begged the master and the master forgave all the debt. Then the slave went out and found a fellow slave who owed him a much smaller amount. He treated the fellow slave badly and had him thrown in debtor's prison until the amount was paid. The master found out and was very angry. He called the servant in and demanded full payment of the original debt since the servant would not forgive a smaller debt. Jesus concluded by saying God would treat us the same way if we did not forgive others completely for whatever they do to us. We have no right to hold grudges. When we do we set ourselves up to be condemned because God absolutely will not forgive us either.


Blog City image small Prompt: "I think we are already in a lot of trouble, actually!"

I can envision many people saying something quite similar to this come judgment day. They have their entire lives to prepare for death by accepting Jesus Christ as the sacrifice for their sin, Instead they rationalize and intellectualize themselves into believing that Jesus is a myth and that there will be no price to be paid for sin, Then they die and find out that they were wrong. Now it is too late and their fate is sealed, Oh how awful to fall into the hands of an angry God!
}
Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936391-June-16-2018