*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936759
Rated: E · Book · Religious · #2158852
This is a book of (hopefully) daily devotionals that I would like to eventually publish.
#936759 added November 8, 2019 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
It's Okay, You're Safe - Psalm 121:7-8
I think that we live our lives facing fear and doubt and anxiety daily due to the speediness of news and the ability to access it at all hours of the day or night. We can lead a very stressed out and worried life, if we're not careful.

I have noticed of late that my response to, "Have you heard about (fill in the blank)?" is often, "I don't really pay attention to the news." And that is very much true, because I've found that constantly being able to access the news leads to frustration, fear, anxiety, anger, and sadness. I need to live a life that isn't weighed down by the darkness of the enemy.

Of course, I am not proposing that one stick their head in the proverbial sand and ignore all the news that comes. We need to keep our eyes on the times, as the return of Christ is very near. We are supposed to be watchful and vigilant and aware. Yet, how much news is a sign of the times and how much is just darkness with the intent to harm?

We are reading a lot about the crackdown on fake news and we are challenged daily to use sense and discernment. We need to look at multiple sources before we assume that what we read is true and valid and we also need to decide if we are to engage or not. A common fad now is boycotting businesses. Recently, Christians were called to boycott Starbucks over a red cup for the holiday season. I consider that a waste of time and energy for Christians. We need to remember that there are Christian businesses out there and we want them to be able to stand for what they believe. In order for that to happen, we have to stop condemning secular businesses for the same thing.

We add a great deal more stress, agitation, and annoyance to our lives when we take on fake news or battles that we aren't called to engage in. Thankfully, we see in Psalm 121 that God has us in His sights and that He is watching over us. We need to take heart that we are safe and that we're okay, regardless of what the darkness of this world wants us to believe. We can trust in our amazing Father.

God guards you from every evil, He guards your very life. He guards you when you leave and when you return, He guards you now, He guards you always. - Psalm 121:7-8, MSG
© Copyright 2019 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/936759