*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937364-July-4-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#937364 added July 5, 2018 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
July 4, 2018
"July 4, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniform Just what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "This is not prompt posted day, we welcome any freestyle writing in your blog entry Be safe! "

Today is the Fourth of July. It is a day when we celebrate America's independence. America was a nation founded on godly principles. One of the reasons America has been so blessed is because for years we led the world in being a Christian nation. God always blesses a country that does His will and for our first two hundred years America did God's will. Churches were institutions that were respected. Blue laws kept businesses closed on Sunday and people usually attended church. We were a Christian nation. In the past fifty years all of that has changed. Atheists and the ACLU have campaigned to remove God from our country. We have legalized abortion, homosexual marriage, marijuana, and all sorts of other sin. God is taking less and less of a role and idols are starting to become prevalent. When Israel rebelled against God in history we know that God sent prophets to preach against it. Israel killed those prophets so God sent foreign armies to conquer Israel. Now the United States is rebelling against God. How can we possibly stand? I fear for the United States because we are destroying ourselves.

Blog City image small "Prompt: What does meditation mean to you and how do you meditate?"

Meditation to me is when I listen to God. I spend my time in prayer talking to God and in meditation I listen to the answer. I usually choose a scripture verse or passage and think on that scripture. I ask God to explain it to me. Then I listen as the inspiration comes. I don't practice Eastern meditation where they empty the mind. I practice Christian meditation.

Banner or header for 30DBC Prompt: "Write about the place where you go when you want to get away from life, pressure, work, family etc?"

When I want to get away I either go to my church, the Salvation Army Huntington WV Corps, or I simply stay in my room. My room is pretty much secluded with the exception of my roommate and there is a row of wall lockers dividing the room. He stays on his side and we seldom speak. So it is very quiet in my room. In fact there are times when I long for companionship so I either call somebody or go to the chapel and commune with Jesus. I have some type of church activity going on six days per week as I am not only a soldier in the Salvation Army but am also the Chaplain of the West Virginia Veterans Home in Barboursville WV where I live. So there is seldom a day when I am lonely. If I want seclusion though my room is usually sufficient.

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937364-July-4-2018