*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937707-Are-We--All-Explorers
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#937707 added July 10, 2018 at 10:08am
Restrictions: None
Are We All Explorers?
“Speaking of esoteric traveling and travelers, tell us about the most exotic traveler you have ever met. this traveler may or may not be human!

Owl with signature



I zoomed in on the words met, exotic, and esoteric. I’m not sure the subject who came into my mind is esoteric. He, Peter, is a book character in “The Book of Strange New Things” I probably thought of him because of the space blog I worked on this week.

The story centered on a young man who travels to another planet to share his faith in God with a newly discovered race of aliens. Peter leaves behind a pregnant wife. Even though, the Missionary society has provided an adequate technological way for the two to keep in touch the ecological problems gaining control of the earth cause them to lose communications with each other. The story tells about Peter’s dedication to both his family and his ministry. It provides the reader with a fantastical look at three sides of a missionaries story; Peter’s lifestyle as a missionary, the aliens as the subject of the mission, and the wife who approves of the mission but becomes entangled with her own problems as she attempts to keep her home together. There is a forth element to the story, that is the explorers from earth who are attempting to gain a worldly access to the resources of the newly discovered planet.

The author, Michel Faber, seems to have zeroed in on the belief that is growing world wide on our planet. Soon, humans will go out into space and may meet kinds of people we don’t understand.

Just reading some of the quotes about the story on Goodreads is most interesting. Many of the historical occurrences that are linked to the missionary life seem to be addressed. So, the story is riveting.

“Grainger looked exasperated. “Why don’t you just come straight out and use the word aliens?
“Because we’re the aliens here.”
― Michel Faber, The Book of Strange New Things


https://ttps://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/28178740-the-book-of-strange-new-th...

Merit Badge in The Monthly Reading Challenge
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations for participating two months in a row in  [Link To Item #monthlyreading]  for 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja Reading is a way to Explore

© Copyright 2018 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937707-Are-We--All-Explorers