*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937768-July-11-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#937768 added July 11, 2018 at 2:10am
Restrictions: None
July 11, 2018
"July 11, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniform Just what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "As a tree grows taller so does it roots giving it a solid base, as humans we also need to expand our connections to grow to our full social potential. In today's world, where we've become more and more attached to electronics and less with actual in-person connections our social skills are declining. "Denning and Phillips Do you agree or disagree?"

I would probably have to agree although social media can do a lot of good as well. Man always has a tendency to allow new technology to bring out both the best and the worst in us. At one time we tended to walk nearly everywhere we had to go. Some of us rode horses but for the majority of us walking was our only means of transport. We did things a lot more slowly and life wasn't as fast paced. People were a lot healthier because they got more exercise. Then we got smart and built cars. Now everybody drives everywhere and the person who doesn't drive is left behind. We are fatter as a society and our lives are always in a rush. Social media is the same way. We replace family functions with group meetings on Facebook. My family won't even communicate with me except by social media. My brother was killed in a work accident last year and I was informed by social media when everybody knew my phone number. Social media can be wrongly used. It is often wrongly used.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Write about ironic things that have happened to you or other people."

I don't know any ironic things that have happened to me or any other people but I know of miracles that have happened to me. I have had many doctors tell me that I should not have survived my years of drug addiction due to the extremely massive amounts of the substances I took. They tell me the substances I took should have placed my lungs in respiratory arrest and I should have died. All I could tell them is that God wasn't finished with me yet. He knew that I was using drugs in an attempt to avoid the calling He had placed on my life. He kept me alive through it all knowing that I was going to serve Him. Today I am chaplain of the veterans home where I live having been drug free for almost ten years. I will soon hold an RBA in either religion or Liberal Arts and will be putting that along with my Specialized Associate Degree in Dependency Disorder Technology to work as a Christian Counselor specializing in dependency disorder counseling. I don't know what miracles God has planned to work in the lives of others through me but my survival of drug overdoses that should have killed me hundreds of times over was no accident. It was a miracle!

Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/937768-July-11-2018