*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939238-Day-6---Virtual-Summer-Road-Trip---Nashville-Tennessee
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#939238 added August 6, 2018 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
Day 6 - Virtual Summer Road Trip - Nashville, Tennessee
30 Day Blogging Challenge - Nashville, Tennessee.


Lyn says:
Gordon Lightfoot is who we're seeing this evening. Bob Dylan calls Gordon Lightfoot one of his favorite songwriters - a fine tribute to a legacy that is still being written. In a career spanning nearly 40 years, the Canadian folk legend has recorded over 200 songs, written many more, and influenced the sound of so many highly successful artists. a homie for you.
https://www.nashville-theatre.com/category_dates.php?category=concert&year=2018&...
Ryman Auditorium 116 5TH AVE N, NASHVILLE, TN 37219
We're staying at Nashville Jellystone Campgrounds for the night.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55229-d248303-Reviews-Nashville_Jellys...
2572 Music Valley Dr, Nashville, TN 37214-1096
We're going to have a good time at the campground, who's up for a barbecue?


Hey, Hey Bo Bo. We got to get us some Pic-i-nic baskets! Jellystone Park... look out for Yogi Bear and Bo Bo. I am keeping my camera close in case I see them! I am also going to get me some stuffed bears of the two of them and definitely a t-shirt!
I hadn't brought my camping gear, so I was lucky to get one of the cabins and let as many of us bunk in. It was nice and big with a great veranda to sit out at night and not get eaten by the bugs. I stayed out there after we got back from the concert and just let my body find the equilibrium to quiet again. There has been a lot of hustle and bustle these last few days and the jet lag was starting to get to me. Some down time was nice. I would almost be happy with a campfire sing along instead of a concert. Or a kitchen party caliah like my grandparents used to do... and they still do in Cape Breton... and a lobsterfest! But that's dreaming... and the coolness of the night helped me settle and reconnect with my creative heart. I even did a little writing while I sat out there with my pad and pen and a good cup of coffee - yes, I can drink it anytime, it does not keep me awake.
When we got here earlier I was only to happy to get in that pool and do a little exploring of the park. I definitely got my step count today. I also got some photos with Yogi and Bo Bo as well as a few silly gifty items and a t-shirt. The barbecue was great fun as well!

Gordon Lightfoot is tonight’s concert. I was a kid in the seventies and my mother was a fan. We lived in a small town and the only radio station played a lot of current hits of the day. I know most of the words to all his songs. Lightfoot did the last two shows at Toronto's Massey Hall before it closes for its 2 year renovations. My mom was supposed to go with my Aunt and Uncle, but she worried she would hold them back so she didn't go. (My mother is 80. My aunt and uncle are 70).

The concert was great. I sang along to all the songs. I love how he can tell a story with his lyrics... there are several artists from the 70's that did that.
Gordon Lightfoot


I love the story telling of this song....


The history of the Edmund Fitzgerald:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NNFbR1W88


© Copyright 2018 πŸ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
πŸ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939238-Day-6---Virtual-Summer-Road-Trip---Nashville-Tennessee