*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939289-When-you-go-after-your-dreams--
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#939289 added August 7, 2018 at 12:43am
Restrictions: None
When you go after your dreams 🌧️☁️🌤️
So, what are your dreams?

You know those ones we were asked the last year of high school. What are your dreams and plans for your future? Really, you want to ask me that and I haven't even the foggest idea. Heck, I just got my driver's license a couple of years ago and you want me decide the most important thing in my life?

Ok, that was dramatic. Well, sometimes it feels that way. Heck, I was married and didn't have the slightest idea what I wanted except to be a good mother and housewife. Now, looking back I have done so much for my retail career that I wished now that I had gone a different route.

Retail has changed so much in 5 years, I wouldn't even know where to begin, if I was thrusted back into it. Matter of fact it is a little intimidating to say the least. My oldest is working pt at TJ Maxx while going through college. The stories he's telling me, just blow my mind. How they talk to each other, dress, heck how they talk to customers. I'd been fired, but they just yell, discrimination. No matter what!

I know that I've mentioned Wal Mart before. I worked for Sam Walton, yes I knew the man. I just found out that they sold his company to China, Japan something like that, earlier this year. I don't have tv and don't keep up. I know right! I know that he has been rolling in his grave, since day one. Mr. Walton was a God fearing honest man, who treated his people right. Who didn't allow alcohol, pronograghy in his stores and was 200% American. He believed in sharing with the people that got him there. He'd tell you that also and meant every word of it.

His children still get a percentage of the profits. While the employees get the boot. The year he died I'd only worked for him 3 years. He went to every Grand opening of his stores and talked to every single one of us. That year when the quarterly's came out they reported no profits. Millions were lost through employee shares.

I walked in the break room after being handed my envelope. It was the most eerie sound ever heard in a break room filled with people. About 34 Dept Mgrs to be exact, the only thing you could hear was the sounds of gasps for air. Myself being one of the newer management didn't have as much in as the veterans that sit around in the room. Some were 16- 18 years of service.

I lost $10,000 that year, I know for a fact in that store alone was over a million. There were tears, hurt, betrayal, words and anger. I use to be proud to work there until that moment. Then, I became anti Walmart.

To this day I try and shop other places, I don't care if I spend more money. Now, that they have sold it. I will avoid it as much as possible, even more so. I know that Mr. Sam wouldn't have done the things they have. Can't say that he wasn't a business man, he started it and made it nation wide. He had a dream and made it happen.

My dreams, a family, writing and a home to call my own. The family, I can proudly say, I have two wonderful sons, daughter and 5 grand kids. The writing, I'm getting there closer every day. The home, I just have to find it in the right location. Maybe the Serrias, who knows. I hope you tell me about your dreams.

May you be blessed always,
Teresa

Signature
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2018 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939289-When-you-go-after-your-dreams--