*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939940-Day-17---Summer-Virtual-Trip---Philadelphia-PA
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#939940 added August 17, 2018 at 5:51pm
Restrictions: None
Day 17 - Summer Virtual Trip - Philadelphia, PA
30 Day Blogging Challeng3e - Day 17 - Philadelphia, PA

Lyn says:
Old Dominion
Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA, US
https://www.songkick.com/artists/1652671-old-dominion#review-94747
We're going to catch this band on their way up, they are about to explode on the music scene! Seeing Old Dominion on the small stage, just by themselves at the MN State Fair was a huge treat! The Leinie bandstand was packed for both shows. This was our 3rd Old Dominion show in MN this year, so it was nice to have this personal glimpse of the band. A new album by the band is pending, and so looking forward to their new music, which they played several during their concerts at the State Fair. Also they have written for so many other artists and they covered their own songs, which is fun to see. I am still waiting to hear them cover the song they wrote with Sam Hunt "Make You Miss Me". Old Dominion writes their own lyrics and music, and they are a full band with such great depth of talent, between Matthew, Trevor and Brad who are the writers, singers and guitarists, Brad leading the guitar talent, and Trevor also on the keyboard. Matthew, the lead has such a rich voice with a full range of emotion packed into it. Whit on the drums and Geoff on bass complete the band. The humor the band shows in many of their songs comes through when on stage.
Man, I can't believe I missed the opportunity to have taken you to my home state, Old Dominion was playing in Bangor Maine,August 16th while we were in Joliet. *Headbang*
We're staying at the Doubletree in Philly, right near the Avenue of the Arts. Awesome location.
http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/pennsylvania/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-...
We're taking in a bit of culture today at the Philadelphia Art Museum
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60795-d10800264-Reviews-Philadelp...
If we have time we're going to do one of Philly's famous duck tours before we head over to Citizen's Bank which is also the home of the Philly Fliers (baseball team).



Anybody up for running up those steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art? In virtual time, I could do it. Rocky Balboa would get a run for his money. A little culture will balance the evenings entertainment... which sounds a bit more country - which is why I have never heard of them. An art gallery will also balance off yesterday's NASCAR driving experience - we gotta balance our lives.
In the vicinity of the Museum was a used bookshop called Bookhaven. Well, you know I had to go in and browse. Can't turn down a shop with a resident cat - Molly and Harry.


These guys don't sound too bad.... though I can't say, Cute video, too!


I get the impression that Lyn is a big fan. She's taken us on a wild ride so far... some of it, not to my taste, but others have been fabulous. So I am thinking tonight will be a blast.


© Copyright 2018 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/939940-Day-17---Summer-Virtual-Trip---Philadelphia-PA