*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940110-August-21-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#940110 added August 21, 2018 at 1:06am
Restrictions: None
August 21, 2018
"August 21, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: August 21 is National Senior Citizen Day. The traditional definition of a senior citizen is any one over the age of 60. Write a tribute to or something inspiring you learned from a Senior Citizen."

I have to disagree with you. The new definition of a senior citizen, at least as far as the American Association of Retired People is concerned, is that a person is a senior at 55. Most senior organizations at the county level where I am from are open to members starting at 55. I am 57 and have been considered a senior for two years. Anyway the lessons I have learned from seniors and the one I am applying to my own life right now, is that you are never too old to start over. I am a student at Marshall University where I am working on a general education degree in the regents program. To be totally honest I am a bit apprehensive about the whole idea of going back to school since I have not pursued higher education in ten years. However I see people in wheelchairs who are older than I am also pursuing degrees and know that if they can do it I can do it. So today I begin my first day of classes.

Blog City image small"Prompt: Which feels more important, how much one is loved or how much one is able to love?"

Jesus told us that it was most important that we be able to love others. John 13: 34 says "A new commandment I give you: that you love one another as I have loved you."

All of Jesus ministry and His example was that of love. He loved us enough that He was willing to take on human flesh and die for us. As such it is much more important that we love than are loved. Wanting somebody to love us is self-centered. Wanting to love others is other centered and what God demands that we do.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940110-August-21-2018