*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940283-Im-a-Dad
by Emily
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2166092
A blog to house my musings, curiosities, and fascinations.
#940283 added August 24, 2018 at 2:47pm
Restrictions: None
I’m a Dad
I’ve taken on the role of “Dad” for my sister’s college orientation and move in weekend. I don’t know how my mom would do this without a helper. We’ve been lugging luggage and mail and boxes and furniture up and down stairs and walking miles across campus and making last minute runs to target. I’m unpacking and repacking boxes, talking to librarians, finding classrooms, and being my baby sister’s shoulder and guidance. There is a LOT happening and the campus is HUGE! My college was about a fourth the size, but I have the directional skills and experience to navigate it and problem solve.

So naturally, as a “College Dad,” I stayed up almost all night worrying. She was alone at the dorm last night, and on her first trip alone to the bathroom, she locked herself out and called us at 11pm. I know it’s something she’ll have to learn on her own, but I’m really feeling what it’s like to be a parent. *Sob*

Time to let her grow up.


© Copyright 2018 Emily (UN: hawaiifoeva at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Emily has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940283-Im-a-Dad