*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940428-Man-is-a-Universe
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#940428 added August 28, 2018 at 12:51am
Restrictions: None
Man is a Universe
Man too is a solar system, a universe. He too has a grand Central Sun within him, the Spiritual sun. He too is a Creator and by him creation was made, is preserved, and shall be destroyed-- the Trinity of all religions. Yet what does he know of himself?

Man can harness the lightning, tame the wind, and control the elements, plug the moon from the sky and bring it to his own doorstep with his telescopes, more easily than he can control his own passions. Yet that was the goal and the achievement of Golden Age men, the "gods" of all ancient mythologies.

Out of millions, a Newton and an Einstein are born, with enough natural concentration to penetrate some of the secrets of nature. These men are true men; Newton was deeply religious and Einstein was a true humanitarian. But the results of their research, the host of practical inventions that follows each new discovery of the laws of nature-- can these be entrusted to the hands of ordinary men? Are not discoveries in physics, and chemistry, too often put to destructive use, as in war?

There have always been spiritually undeveloped men who use technology and inventions to enslave others, and the machine age is far from a perfect one.

Such are the dangers of inventions. The forces of nature are not for the use of those lacking in true wisdom. First perfect the man, then he will know how to utilize nature. We do not need to perfect a cosmic ray method of curing cancer if we produce a race of men of pure minds and bodies where no cancer can grow.
Man is the problem not nature.

The more we discover of natural laws and their practical utilization, the more quickly we will see that without a corresponding extension of knowledge of man and his own nature and its control, the specter of worldwide destruction is the only promise of the future.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940428-Man-is-a-Universe