*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940387-Self-control
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2015972
I have tried to summarize my observation with vivid and simple manner.
#940387 added August 27, 2018 at 12:30am
Restrictions: None
Self control
Self control* is when,

1. *Desire of the object* to be enjoyed is there.

Eg. One should want to enjoy that particular sense object.
A *desire to enjoy a cigarette* should be present, a non smoker can’t say he has self control on cigarettes.

2. *Availability* of the object to be enjoyed is there.

Eg. *alcohol * ban or non availability in a state or place doesn’t-imply control.

3. *Accessible* to the availability of the object to be enjoyed is there.

Eg. Availability of sense object to be enjoyed is there, But one could be restricted access it. (School premise or Ashram premises cigarette is banned or restricted.)

4. *Affordability* of the object to be enjoyed is there.

Eg. One should be *capable* of procuring it.
Diamond or gold just because they are expensive & one can’t buy it due to lack of resources doesn’t convert to self control)

5. Capacity to enjoy the object is there.
Eg. Physical disability to enjoy the sense object doesn’t convert to self control.

When *all the above ingredients* are there & then due to *Intellectual governance* (Reasoning) one decides to say NO to the object of desire it is self control.

self control is essentially control over the mind.

Individuals with low self-control tend to be *impulsive, insensitive towards others, risk takers, short-sighted, and NON VERBAL.*

The general theory of crime holds that self-control isn’t established in early childhood through three major factors:
the strength of
the parent-to-child emotional bond,
*inadequate supervision by parents,*
& *parents' inability to recognise* punishable behavior,
and *inappropriate discipline* by parents.

© Copyright 2018 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940387-Self-control