*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940616-September-1-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#940616 added September 1, 2018 at 1:53am
Restrictions: None
September 1, 2018
"September 1, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformJust what it saysImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Use the following words in your blog post: planet, defy, shallow, rope, badger, high, garlic, reprimand ."

The planet we live on often will often defy logic. People can be very shallow at times and are usually self-centered to the core. My dad always said to give them enough rope and they would hang themselves. I never wanted anybody to hang themselves. I just wanted to badger them until they complied. Now I have high desire for the human race. I want to win them all for Jesus Christ. Even if they smell like garlic I do not want them to face Jesus' reprimand!

** Image ID #1971173 Unavailable ** Prompt: "Let's consider this on creation Saturday for discussion.

Dorian Gray, written by Oscar Wilde, is the subject of a full-length portrait in oil by Basil Hallward, an artist who was impressed and infatuated by Dorian's beauty; he believes that Dorian's beauty is responsible for the new mood in his art as a painter. Through Basil, Dorian meets Lord Henry Wotton, and he soon is enthralled by the aristocrat's hedonistic world view: that beauty and sensual fulfilment are the only things worth pursuing in life. Dorian expresses the desire to sell his soul, to ensure that the portrait, rather than he ages and fade. Dracula, Bram Stoker's character also had the capability of never aging. Have you read both books? Were you aware of the similarity in their two books? Do you think Wilde and Stoker influenced each other's work?"

I have never read either book nor have I any desire to do so.


Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018A signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940616-September-1-2018