*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940826-October-Fantasy-Newsletter-Deadline-10118
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#940826 added October 9, 2018 at 8:56pm
Restrictions: None
October Fantasy Newsletter (Deadline 10/1/18)
Editors Picks

1. Time is Leaner ... Right?
2. Moon Fairy
3. Rob
4. Dawn of Heroes: Prologue
5. Day Thirty-One - Fallen Warrior
6.
7.
8.
9.

Heading 1

October NaNoWriMo Preparation

Heading 2

Are you doing the NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge?

Hook

Do you know the story's plot, setting, characters, point of view, and genre?

About This Newsletter

“Keep a small can of WD-40 on your desk — away from any open flames — to remind yourself that if you don’t write daily, you will get rusty.”
George Singleton

“Plot is people. Human emotions and desires founded on the realities of life, working at cross purposes, getting hotter and fiercer as they strike against each other until finally there’s an explosion — that’s Plot.”
Leigh Brackett

“Writing is lonely. Until that moment you write your first character and suddenly you have company.”
Eliza Green

Letter From the Editor

Are you participating in the NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge this year? I am not! However, this does not mean I will not change my mind before November 1. In past years, I have participated in the preparation challenge and went on to NaNoWriMo. I have, also, did NaNoWriMo without the preparation challenge. I recommend participating in the Prep Challenge. However, If you are not doing the Challenge, but think you might want to do NaNoWriMo you need to make a list of things you want to include.

What should a NaNoWriMo list include? At the very least, you need to decide on a genre, a working title for the novel, chapter headings, and characters. Other important items, which can be written in paragraph form, are plot, setting, point of view, and theme. These items can be worked out by answering the questions who, what, when, where, why, and how

I am playing with a couple of ideas that I could use during NaNoWriMo. One of them is to expand one of my flash fiction stories into a novel by determining what happened to the main character either before or after the events in the flash fiction. Another idea is to write the novel as a series of blog entries by one of or more of the characters. I like the blog entry idea best, so that will be the one I go with if I decide to participate in NaNoWriMo.

Editors Picks

 Time is Linear ... Right?  (E)
Maybe James Cameron can explain this?
#1758264 by bob county

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2168135 by Not Available.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2168624 by Not Available.

 Dawn of Heroes: Chapter 1  (E)
A man broken by the world prepares for the end...
#2169025 by Aaron

 Day Thirty-One - Fallen Warrior  (18+)
Day Thirty-One of the Promptly Potter challenge. It's another SpaceWizards mystery.
#2123671 by PureSciFi

FORUM
October Novel Prep Challenge  (13+)
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
#1474311 by Brandiwyn🎶



Elfin Dragon-finally published writes: I loved your newsletter for names. I use a variety of ways to pick names depending upon what I'm writing. Often short stories I might use names I've heard in conversation. Modern names. For my fantasy story, I'm using a mixture of names I've dreamt of, modern names and a mix of names I've heard and names I've thought of. For instance, my main character is a mixture of my name and fantasy.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/940826-October-Fantasy-Newsletter-Deadline-10118