*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941422-Fantasy-Newsletter-for-November-deadline-112618
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#941422 added November 28, 2018 at 1:06pm
Restrictions: None
Fantasy Newsletter for November (deadline 11/26/18)
Editors Picks

1. Tome
2. Little Jimmy Griffin
3. The Scribe
4. I Am Storm
5. Not in This Lifetime
6. Starstruck - Chapter 1
7. Sprocket
8. Ralphpunzel
9. Self Fulfilling Prophecy

Heading 1

Interview: Sci-fi and Fantasy Society

Heading 2

What is the Science Fiction and Fantasy Society?

Hook

Join the Science Fiction and Fantasy Society.
About This Newsletter

This is a interview with David the Dark one! about "Fantasy and Science Fiction Society [E].

Letter From the Editor

What is the Fantasy and Science Fiction Society? well, this is a society specifically for science fiction and fantasy writers of any level.

How can it help authors of these genres? well, it will and can help authors because there are authors here who can help improve your skills in writing these genres, some of us can even help with writing in across the genres, meaning a cross between science fiction and horror, or mystery and fantasy.

Who can join this group? anyone with a love for the genre can join, as long as they have one item in their portfolio from either of these genres or even anyone that looks like it could be from one of these genres.

Can members receive reviews for poetry, short stories, and novels? yes, And I promise if they do reviews, much like the power reviewers group, I will offer points for reviews, even if it is out of my own personal bank. And very shortly I will be doing a port raid for reviewing practice.

Is there an advantage to joining this group? being in a group trying to learn something is always better than trying it on your own. plus I feel this is a family, we are all family here, and would never want that to change.

Is there a discussion forum for this group, so that authors can discuss their work or their research? there is a discussion forum, and I'm trying to revive it, as the group was essentially inactive for so long. I think the group does have the potential to be a great group.

Is there anything else newsletter readers should know about this group? that I'm always looking for ways to improve the group and to make it more fun. I am currently working on an area with current articles for writing on the subject, and other subjects in the writing community all aimed at the improvement of writers talent.

Fantasy and Science Fiction Society  (E)
For Fantasy and Science Fiction authors. Open to all applications. come in and learn
#2014050 by David the Dark one!


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2016890 by Not Available.


Editors Picks

 Tome  (E)
This was just a little bit of fun I was having with a couple of characters.
#2173707 by D.C. Hayes

Excerpt: "Are you capable of catching feelings?" asked Amy as she walked down the stone path twirling her enchanted long sword. It had been quiet for about 20 seconds since she last heard her own voice and apparently that was too long. "I only ask because I think I'm catching feelings."

 
STATIC
Little Jimmy Griffin  (18+)
Little Jimmy Griffin wakes up in a strange place. For Quotation Inspiration Contest.
#2169014 by Christopher Roy Denton

Excerpt: Little Jimmy Griffin blinked, rubbed his eyes, and sat up in bed. Bright sunlight streamed through a large window and illuminated magnolia walls and white furniture. Where was his Jetsons poster? What happened to his astronomical telescope and solar system mobile? The only decoration was a painting of sunflowers, the kind of picture his mommy liked. This wasn't his bedroom.

STATIC
The Scribe  (ASR)
One day, men will warp these truths into fairy tales... (Villanelle)
#1961676 by K Renée (on the road)

Excerpt: One day, men will warp these truths into fairy tales,
         and my scratchings of ink will then fade into lore,
         fingers smudging ancient wisdom my script unveils.

 
STATIC
I Am the Storm  (18+)
Her forest is diseased, her memories are lost, and her companion is not what he seems.
#2091150 by K Renée (on the road)

Excerpt: In her dreams, small voices cried out, axes cleaved, illness tingled in her lips and toes. An internal, soothing murmur told her she was a tree with eyes that would not open and ears that heard not the vibrations of anguish. The tingle was only sleep. A good sleep, vast and dark as the night.

 Not in This Lifetime  (13+)
Is determinism really real? depends on your beliefs! for "What is space"- WC 3066
#2173776 by Dragon is hiding

Excerpt: “Look, Charlie Brown! There’s a fortune-teller! I’ve always wanted to know what the future holds in store for me, haven’t you? Let’s go check it out!” Miffy and Nellie pulled their puppy friend towards the booth.

 Starstruck - Chapter 1  (E)
This is chapter 1 of the prologue. If you haven't read that than I recommend going back.
#2172698 by gingerbug

Excerpt: I was outside. Not knowing where I was, I checked my surroundings. The floor was made out of an unknown metal and it seemed I was on a battlefield. Looking straight ahead, there were stairs leading up to a dome-shaped building made with the same metal as the floor. The sky was a dark blue, light gray clouds covering the sky. A flash of lightning appeared, to close to comfort, making me flinch with fear. I felt as if I've been here before but I had no idea where I was. Another lightning struck, hitting the floor with a bang. I held my hands close to my chest, thinking that it would somehow protect me from getting electrocuted.

Sprocket  (E)
A steampunk tinker helps her employer win the big race--300 words
#2092537 by Schnujo is Late to Lannister

Excerpt: Shuffling through her tool box, Sprocket found the screwdriver and continued to tinker on the airship’s steam engine, tightening parts before the race.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2173545 by Not Available.

Excerpt: Once upon a time, there was a set of twins born to a lonely couple who wanted a child. The woman became pregnant and experienced cravings. She didn't crave pickles and ice cream because ice cream hadn't been invented yet. No, this woman craved rapunzel. Rapunzel was a wildflower that grew in the area that was often used as a salad green, much like dandelion.

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2174031 by Not Available.

Excerpt: The man was dressed in a long black robe. Ashes covered his face and hair. Eight-year-old Henrietta took the dollar bill from her mother’s hand. She dropped it in the glass cup between the sandals at the man’s feet. He didn’t seem to notice.



Goblin Slayer writes: I just want to let you know and even, maybe, your readers the the author Brandon Sanderson has a BUNCH of videos on youtube. I'm the videos he is teaching a class how to write science fiction and fantasy. He goes through a lot of good information about how to write like a professional. This also includes character development as well as creating good plots etc. Spread the word or not, I just think it's a very good resource to have. Thank you for reading this.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941422-Fantasy-Newsletter-for-November-deadline-112618