*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941561-September-17-2018
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#941561 added September 17, 2018 at 2:25am
Restrictions: None
September 17, 2018
"September 17, 2018 Me in my Salvation Army uniformImage for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars. Khalil Gibran What do you think? "

I agree 100%! I grew up in an alcoholic home. I often hated going home because I never knew what hardships would await there. I also hated going to school because I was made fun of and bullied. So life was pretty miserable at times in my childhood and got worse as an adult. However with the help of my God and Savior Jesus Christ I came to realize that these tough times had made me into a strong person. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4: 13.

Once I realized that the hard times for me were like fertilizer in that they made me grow I began to look back on them not with bitterness but with gratitude. I often think that it took every second and every struggle I went through to make me what I am today. For that I am grateful. Besides the things I went through gave me insight into mankind that most lack. I realize for example that when somebody spews their venom at me today it is probably not really me they are angry with. Yes I may have irritated them but they are likely reacting based on baggage from their past. My irritation only exposed the tip of the iceberg.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Jonathan Heimberg says, “Difficulty is the price we pay for everything worth having.”
Do you agree that every dream, goal, or thing worth having is designed to be difficult? If so, why?"

I would agree that most things worth having offered by man are difficult to obtain because we have created an environment where nothing comes without a price tag attached. However I would not say that all things worth having are not free. The salvation of one's soul is certainly worth having and it is absolutely free. All we have to do to have it is believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that God has raised Him from the dead. Romans 10:10, John 3:16, and many others.

Yes man complicates getting anything worth having. This is because man has never learned the concept of grace. Nothing in man's world is free but everything in God's creation was meant to be free and God still provides it all free of charge.



Signature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018A signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill Awards

© Copyright 2018 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941561-September-17-2018