*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941977-VA-Hospital-Denver
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#941977 added September 30, 2018 at 8:01pm
Restrictions: None
VA Hospital, Denver
Date: Week of September 17th


Locale:  Denver, Colorado


         This week finds me in Denver, Colorado for a class with the VA Hospital.  Denver is a decent sized city, with all the perks and problems you find in other cities.  I was a bit happier 50 miles north in Fort Collins/Loveland.  Not so much traffic, not so congested.  Oh well.... *Smile*


         After a great weekend exploring the Four Corners Area of the country, it was time to get back to work.  This class is easy to deliver (if you ask me), but at the same time, it was one of the hardest deliveries I've had.  The main reason was that I only had TWO students, and neither of them were RF type people (Technicians/Engineers).  They were technically inclined, but asked me to deliver the class from the '37,000 foot level'; they wanted a very broad overview of things.  To put it in perspective using something I was quite familiar with, imagine sitting in a classroom with me for three days to learn about a submarine, and how its nuclear power plant operates.  Learning its operation and maintenance at a high level because more than likely, you'll never operate it or perform maintenance on it.  A contractor will do all that for you.

         Everything with the class went well though, the students really want to learn, but were often called away to get things done.  Nothing we could do about that.  Once the class was completed, the drive home was pretty uneventful.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         North County          https://www.northcountydenver.com/menu/  This was quite the gem really.  One of the few places that serves a good sipping Tequila.  A shot of one of their Tequila's will run you $60.  Needless to say, I didn't have that, but I did have a 'flight', 3 shots of Mezcal.  Outstanding!  But I have to tell you I skipped the Appetizers, and had just this.  Poké Burrito — Soy & sesame marinated Ahi Tuna, sticky rice, shredded Napa cabbage with cucumber & cilantro, mango, avocado, pico de gallo, chipotle crema  It was excellent! 


Photo's From Visit:


POW/MIA Table at the VA Hospital






In Closing

         I will be in Springfield, Illinois next week, for two days only.  I will stay there though, I have no desire to drive back and forth each morning, worried I'll be late for one reason or another.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2018 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/941977-VA-Hospital-Denver