*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942637-Learning-the-Hard-Way
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#942637 added October 4, 2018 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
Learning the Hard Way
Istijlál Majesty), 8 Mashíyyat (Will) 175 B.E. - Thursday, October 4, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Prompt: Write about a lesson you’ve learned the hard way.

All the important lessons
are learned the hard way,
because they are the ones
that polish the gems of our souls.

What lesson have I learned the hard way? To place every situation in Baha'u'llah's hands, and leave them there. I have always been a worriers, I used to worry about everything. Worrying never helped. It raised my blood pressure and attracted negative outcomes to many of my problems.When I became a Baha'i, I began placing my problems and worries in the hands of Baba'u'llah, the mediator between God and humanity.

At first, I tended to take my worries back instead of leaving them in Baha'u'llah's hands and getting on with my life by focusing on solving the problems instead of worrying about it. It took me a while, and a lot of prayer to leave the difficult situation in Baha'u'llah's hands. However, I eventually learned that every situation worked out better when I was not worrying about the outcome. In the processes I discovered several prayers that helped me leave the my problems in Baha'u'llah's hands. The first prayer I memorized, that helped me leaving everything in Baha'u'llah's hands, was The Remover of Difficulties.

"Is there any Remover of difficulties save God? Say: Praised be God! He is God!
All are His servants, and all abide by His bidding!"
The Báb

The Remover of Difficulties helped immensely when it come to leaving everything in Baha'u'llah's hands. Once I place them in the hands of Baha'u'llah, I know they will also go into God's hands because of the relationship between God and Baha'u'llah. The next prayer I memorized was revealed by Baha'u'llah.

"He who puts his trust in God, God will suffice him.
"He who fears God, God will send him relief."
Baha'u'llah

I have, also, learned that the best way to say these prayers is to set down, in a comfortable chair, and focus on the prayer rather than my worries. It took me a while to learn this because I am somewhat stubborn.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/942637-Learning-the-Hard-Way