*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943080-Day-8---Plot-Climax
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #2170722
This book is for all assignments for NaNoWriMo Prep Challenge 2018.
#943080 added October 9, 2018 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
Day 8 - Plot: Climax
         Sebastian and his remaining family including Esther go to Eriscor (a country west of Esout) to recover from Oscar’s death. He spends most of the time walking around the gardens alone. Sometimes he wonders if the situation could have been prevented if he remained in Esout rather than return to the battlefield. Madeline and Zoey make it clear to Sebastian that Oscar’s death wasn’t his fault, but Suzanna refuses to even look at him.
         One night, Sebastian stays in the garden later than he usually does. He hears whispers and follows them to a grove. There Suzanna was in a tender embrace with an Esnorh rebel spy named Cooper Melsbach. Before Sebastian could react, his second in command Hollen Bleu confronts the lovers. Hollen beccons Suzanna to come to him so he could have a clear path to kill Cooper. Suzanna refuses to move and even taunts Hollen to shoot her first.
         Sebastian intervenes with a solid argument: Everyone in the area had lost someone over the course of the war, and future generations would suffer the same fate unless the war ends. Sebastian and Suzanna lost a brother and a father, and Hollen lost his beloved. This convinces Hollen to put away his gun and leave peacefully. Sebastian tells Cooper that if he wished to marry Suzanna then he would have his blessing. He promises to end the war with a peace treaty soon after the family leaves Eriscor.
© Copyright 2018 Howler of the Moon (UN: wingedwolf97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Howler of the Moon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/943080-Day-8---Plot-Climax