*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944110-New-Normal-Broken-Bone-or-Sprain
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944110 added October 24, 2018 at 11:53am
Restrictions: None
New Normal, Broken Bone or Sprain
‘Idál (Justice), 9 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. = Wednesday, October 24, 2018
United Nations Day

On this day in 1945
the United Nations was established.

The "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise prompt for DAY 1773
The new normal. You have something devastating happen to you and you have to get your life back to normal.
Have you ever had a new normal?

New Normal

At 71 years and 10 months, I've went through a lot of new normal experiences. The death of a loved one or close friend always begins a new normal. You go through the stages of grief, without ever getting over the grief and missing the person. Sometimes the loved one returns in a dream to comfort, and show that in the spiritual world they are still thinking of you. Sometimes a scent simultaneously generates a tear and a smile, this is just another way the loved one is attempting to send comfort from the spiritual world. Eventually, one gets beyond the stages of grief and the new normal is established.


 A New Year, A New Normal  (13+)
2013 the first year my mother won’t be physically present in my life
#1909476 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2166
In your experience, which is worse breaking a bone or getting a sprain? Share with us your story. This walking wounded is looking for someone to commiserate with. You know misery loves company.

Broken Bone or Sprain

I have never, knock on wood (as my grandmother used to say), broken a bone. I have, however, sprained both ankles. This occurred when I stepped out of a pickup truck into a ditch. This, of course, was my own fault because I wasn't looking where I was disembarking the truck. My right ankle was worse than my left, because I stepped out of the passenger side and my right foot was the first to hit the ground. I learned to look where i was stepping instead of at the person--in the driver's seat--I was talking to.


I suspect that a broken bone is worse. I have know two people who broke bones. The first was a school friend, we attended some sort of school sports function. She stumbled over something and broke her wrist, she was in a cast for several weeks. The other person was my grandmother, she slipped on ice, one winter's day, when she walked out of the house and broke her right arm. Grandpa took her to the hospital emergency room. The doctor set the bone and she went on with her life.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944110-New-Normal-Broken-Bone-or-Sprain