*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944223-Birthday-Wish-and-Thoughts-on-Politics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944223 added October 26, 2018 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Birthday Wish and Thoughts on Politics
Istiqlál (Independence), 11 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. - Friday, October 26, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Hillary Clinton turns 70 today! Wish her a happy birthday (if you're so inclined) and write up a candidacy speech for your own head of government campaign.

Birthday Wish and Thoughts on Politics

Happy Birthday Hillary!
I wish you a safe and happy birthday,
with all your family.

I don't do candidacy speeches, except as part of a flash fiction, short story, or novel. As for a candidacy speech for a government campaign this year, or within the next one-hundred years, is out of the question. I am so sick of the political bullying that went on in this midterm campaign, that I have already written one "Candidate Rant. This rant applies to all candidates equally, because I am an equal opportunity ranter. As for Mrs. Clinton, I have never meat the lady; however, I am sure I would like her. If I ever did meet her, I would steer the conversation away from politics and onto something a little more pleasant. Like the weather on Venus or Mars.

I sent in my absentee ballot yesterday, so I am no longer listening or reading campaign ads of any type. The political items, I am willing to respond to (without ranting) are political polls. I know that the November 6 election will not put an end to the political rhetoric or stone throwing. In fact, I believe the results of this midterm election will only increase the negativity and half-truths spewed by potential presidential candidates; and I am not looking forward to that. However, there is nothing I can do about that.

On the positive side, the precampaign electioneering will give me a chance to investigate, and come to a decision on who I might be willing to vote for in the 2020 Presidential Election. I am registered nonpartisan or independent (depending on individual definitions of the words), so I do not vote in the party primaries. This frees me from worrying about who I will vote for as President of the United States, until closer to the November 2020 general election. As a nonpartisan, I can (hopefully) look at the candidates with a dispassionate point of view and decide which one I can vote for.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944223-Birthday-Wish-and-Thoughts-on-Politics