*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944221-Candidate-Rant
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944221 added October 26, 2018 at 11:00am
Restrictions: None
Candidate Rant
Istiqlál (Independence), 11 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. - Friday, October 26, 2018

"Statesmen tell you what is true even though it may be unpopular. Politicians will tell you what is popular, even though it may be untrue."
Anonymous

The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2168
Use these words to discuss your favorite political candidate----- talk, season, reform, earth, wax and ribbon

Candidate Rant

I don't have a favorite political candidate, when I vote--which I do in midterm and presidential elections--I attempt to find the lesser of the two evil and vote for that candidate. When I hear them talk they, glaze over the issues that I find important and, throw verbal stones at their opponents. They accuse their opponents of taking bribes money from special interest or walking their party's line, when they, themselves, are guilty of the same sin. They claim to work for unity, but the only time they do is when the issue is of minor importance in their party's agenda.


I hear their rhetoric of reform, of carrying about the earth, of carrying about immigrants, of overhauling the Medicare and Medicaid systems, and bringing down medical cost. I, also, know that many of them are taking kickbacks from Big Pharma or any other special interest group that is willing to pay them for their vote by pumping money into their campaigns. As the campaign season advances the candidates' bullying of their opponents wax, while they present themselves with blue ribbons for fooling their constituents.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944221-Candidate-Rant