*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944402-Monsters
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944402 added October 28, 2018 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
Monsters
Jamál (Beauty), 13 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. - Sunday, October 28, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

If you could create your very own monster, what would it look like?
What would it be called? What types of things would it do to scare people?
Where does the monster live?
Tell me everything there is to know about your monster.

I've contemplated this prompt almost all night, and I've came to the conclusion that no monster, created by the mind or muse of an author, is a frightening as the real monsters stalking the world today. This doesn't mean that the monsters in books or on screen aren't scary, it just means that we know we are safe from them once we leave the theater or put down the book.


This is a monster I'm using in one of my novels. It has the head and neck of a cobra and the body of a human. The males are muscular, resembling a body builder or warrior. The bodies of the females are shapely, and, in most cases, resemble the body of a beautiful starlet or model. These creatures can be used in both fantasy and science fiction stories because they can use any type of weapons that humanoids can weld. The only difference would be the way they are dressed, because in fantasy they would wear either loin cloths or some type of ancient armor. I science fiction they would wear military uniforms and use lasers.

The language is composed of hissing sounds, and when they speaker another language they have a hissing accent. Like most monsters, created in myth and literature, they are evil and their descriptions reveal them as evil. Unfortunately, in real life monsters don't look evil, but resemble ordinary human beings. If the real life monsters looked evil we would be less trusting of them in both our personal and political lives.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944402-Monsters