*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944481-What-Happened-Then
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#944481 added October 29, 2018 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
What Happened Then
Kamál (Perfection), 14 ‘Ilm (Knowledge) 175 B.E. - Monday, October 29, 2018

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

Start your entry with this sentence:
As I looked at the Jack-o-Lantern, it seemed to be looking back at me. Then…

What Happened Then

As I looked at the Jack-o-Lantern, it seemed to be looking back at me. Then it rose from the wooden porch, like a UFO lifting off, and floated into the front yard. It landed in the center of the purple-pink azalea shrub, I had planted near the Pinus banksiana or Jack pine. There the Jack-o-Lantern begin to expand and grow until it covered that entire section of the yard. As the Jack-o-Lantern grew, I noticed that the pine tree seemed to move back, in order to give the Jack-o-Lantern room to grow.


Because I hadn't been able to sleep in three or four weeks, I figured I was having a waking dream. I knew that extended periods of insomnia can cause people to hallucinate. I figured the best thing to do was to go into the house, fix myself a tall mug of hot chocolate, and attempt to go to sleep. I presumed that when I woke up the Jack-o-Lantern and my front yard would be back to normal. Unfortunately, that's not how things worked out.

When I woke up the next day, at least I think it was the next day, the Jack-o-Lantern was bigger and there was a news crew filming the scene. To make matters worse, a reporter was interviewing the Jack-o-Lantern. I walked up to the reporter, but before I could say anything she turned to me and said, "Congratulations! You are this year's winner of the Halloween Yard decoration contest." Then she handed me two passes for Zak Bagans' The Haunted Museum   located at 600 East Charleston Boulevard in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Happy Halloween
from the Great Pumpkin.



© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/944481-What-Happened-Then