*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947153-Snow-Panic
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#947153 added December 9, 2018 at 8:22am
Restrictions: None
Snow Panic!!!
I've been observing it for some thirty years now but it never ceases to amuse me; the first Snow Panic of the season.

People joke about the run on bread and milk at the grocery stores, but it's not just a joke...I used to work retail and I've seen it happen. I'm not sure how this odd trend started but people really do stock up on these items when a winter storm threatens. It would make more sense logically to load up on canned items that don't require cooking, but there it is. Having handled my grocery errands on Friday, I missed the panic this time around.

Not that it seemed necessary, this time out. We've been getting threatened with floods, wind, and various wintry precipitation types but I only see a minuscule dusting of snow this morning, which our young cat is regarding with some astonishment. The cold rain is washing it away as I type, and I'm not quite sure what the rest of the day will bring. I did fill every available container with water, just in case. But thankfully the power is still on.

If we don't get pimp slapped by the back end of this system, I expect to be working tomorrow. When we closed the library yesterday we put a sign on the door and changed the phone greeting, just in case none of us can make it in tomorrow morning. I normally don't work Mondays, but I swapped days with one of the other ladies so she could go to an appointment. We'll just have to wait and see how the weather transpires.

I wonder what everyone's gonna do with all that extra bread and milk...

© Copyright 2018 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947153-Snow-Panic