*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947319-Earthquake
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#947319 added December 12, 2018 at 8:58am
Restrictions: None
Earthquake!
The only thing more amusing than a southern Snow Panic is the southern reaction to an earthquake, such as we're having this morning.

Said quake was in Tennessee and apparently was felt over a wide swath of Georgia. I say "apparently" because it hit sometime around 4 AM and I slept through it. Or, if I noticed it, I just assumed it was part of whatever dream I was having. The scale was 4.4 which according to the Richter Scale is not particularly strong or dangerous.

That hasn't stopped people from flying into various states of excitement, however. The Atlanta stations are full of people claiming to have been thrown out of bed, and the morning show anchors are excitedly showing each other colorful graphics and collaring bewildered seismologists to discuss the big scary quake. They're a rarity here in Georgia, so they're a major media event.

I was pretty whipped by the time I turned in last night, so while I'm disappointed to have missed out on the action, I'm glad I got a good night's rest. Workday incoming.

© Copyright 2018 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947319-Earthquake