*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947507-Quality-Time
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#947507 added December 15, 2018 at 8:45am
Restrictions: None
Quality Time
It's a cool, rainy Saturday morning in the heart of Christmas season. I'm on my last cup of coffee and waiting for the washer to finish up so I can move on to the next activity of the day.

No work today, and no errands, and because of that I am filled with joy. It's rather funny...others look toward the weekend because they can't wait to get out somewhere...movie, a dinner, Christmas shopping. But my workweeks seem to be full of going...to work, with Dad to one of his appointments, some errand or other...and it just burns me out. I hate driving even around town these days. How people with large families manage to keep their sanity, I'll never know. After a while I start to feel like a gerbil in a wheel, going nowhere in a tremendous hurry.

So when an opportunity to stay home presents itself, I launch myself at it. There are a hundred things to be done around here, such as cleaning. Christmas decorating, cooking, or some minor repair or other. But...I think I'll just be reading and writing today. It's that kind of day outside.

No need to run today. Just rest. Yes, I like the sound of that.

© Copyright 2018 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947507-Quality-Time