*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948404-Was-That-It
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2076320
A third blog? A good idea? A fresh start? A disaster? An omen? ...who knows anything?
#948404 added December 29, 2018 at 9:11am
Restrictions: None
Was That It?
December 22nd - Visited shops for last minute purchases. Staff were busy clearing shelves of Humbug stuff ready to load them up for Boxing Day sales.

December 23rd - Most of the day spent wrapping gifts for the grand monsters, packing them in boxes and tripping over the clultter.

December 24th - Shopped for food at the supermarkets where queues of folk with obscenely loaded trolleys snaked out the doors due to the fact the shops would be closed for the next twelve hours.

December 25th - The grand monsters took all of ten minutes to rip off all the wrapping paper on their gifts then overdosed on chocolate, resulting in little appetite for the dinner it had taken me all morning to cook in son's unfamiliar kitchen. At least it involved a few drinks and *Laugh* *Laugh*

December 26th - A marathon clear up of boxes, wrapping paper, excessive packaging, pots & pans, leftovers and unidentifiable flotsam and jetsam.

December 27th - Returned home and put away all the humbug clutter with a huge sigh of relief.

December 28th - Son and the grand monsters set off to London for a flight to Thailand. I went shopping and witnessed the first display of Easter Eggs.

As long as I live I will never understand what all this hype is about and will always be glad when it's done and dusted.

Only New Year to go now. This time last year I was recovering from a lousy cold and worried about the future of my son's family. Deja Vu this year, so I make no resolutions or promises. I will just quietly hope and pray for a better time ahead with some peace and quiet included, but won't hold my breath.

Wishing you all the best for 2019 whatever your hopes and dreams.

© Copyright 2018 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948404-Was-That-It