*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947647-Twin-Birthday-Celebrated-Each-Year-Across-the-Earth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#947647 added December 17, 2018 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Twin Birthday Celebrated Each Year Across the Earth
Kamal (Perfection), 6 Masa’il (Questions) 175 B.E. - Monday, December 17, 2018


The "Blogging Circle of Friends prompt for DAY 2220
Write about a birthday. It can be anyone's birthday. Just tell us why that particular birthday is special.

After some contemplation and prayer, I decided to write about the only two birthdays that matter to me anymore. Those are the Birth of the Bab and the Birth of Baha'u'llah, which I cannot write about separately because they fall so close together. These two birthdays are celebrated on the first and second day following the eight new moon after Naw-Ruz. Naw-Ruz is the first day of the Baha'i year, and falls on the vernal equinox. The Universal House of Justice, the governing body of the Baha'i Faith (located in Haifa, Israel, on Mount Carmel), has established that the birthplace of Baha'u'llah as the location of the vernal equinox.


In 2017, we celebrated the two hundredth anniversary of the Birth of Baha'u'llah. In 2019, we will celebrate the two hundredth anniversary of the Birth of the Bab. These two, twin, birthdays are one day after another because the Bab was born on 1 Muharram 1235 AH and Baha'u'llah on 2 Muharram 1233 AH. In 2017, I wrote two hundred poems dedicated to Baha'u'llah and placed them in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose. In 2019, I will write two hundred poems dedicated to the Bab and place them in that book. Since writing the poems to Baha'u'llah, I have added a few other poems, inspired by the writings or dedicated to either the Bab or Baha'u'llah, to that book.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947647-Twin-Birthday-Celebrated-Each-Year-Across-the-Earth