*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947920-Growing-Old
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#947920 added December 21, 2018 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Growing Old
I thought about starting a new blog on the internet with my own domain, named Growing Old In America. I wanted to write about my travel into my Golden Years. It's something we all do and some do it better than others.

As I dip my toes into the Golden Pond, I’ve noticed some changes that are annoying. I now find drool on my chin, and I don’t know how it got there. I’ve never notice it coming out of my mouth, it appears on my chin from out of nowhere. Reminds me of the lyrics to a song that says “old men with tobacco stains all down their chin.” I don’t smoke or chew so I’m minus the stain but still it’s creepy.

There is no longer a spring in my step, I find it hard on some mornings to get out of bed. I think if this is how I feel now, what will it be like in 5 or 10 years? Do I really want to know? Life becomes more of a challenge as you get older, the things you used to do you can’t now. You pay to have someone put in a sprinkling system or paint your house. I don’t have the stamina, and getting up and down on a ladder or off the ground takes it toll. Oh it’s hell getting old-older!

Look around and you can see each person ages in a different way. Some go into latter life with no (outward) problems and they look spry and somewhat vibrant. Where others show their age both in the face and body. Why is there such a difference? I would think there are more reasons than you can express in a post. Your surroundings, the job you worked, mental and physical stress, and the curves life throws at you in general.

I’ve decided to take it one day at a time. No sense looking into the future since I don’t have a working crystal ball. I’ll play the cards I was delt and see what happens; roll with the punches and make the most of any situation.

Smile it’s the journey not the destination that counts, at least that's what I've been told!

Life Is Good

© Copyright 2018 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947920-Growing-Old