*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948549-The-END-of-2018
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#948549 added December 31, 2018 at 5:05pm
Restrictions: None
The END of 2018
It's here the last day of 2018!

I'm glad to see 2018 come to an end, medically speaking from my perspective it has been bad. I survived a heart attack and by-pass surgery in April. My recover went smoothly with the exception of the first four weeks. That was when the pain was the most intense, and I was unable to sleep in my bed. Fortunately we have recliners and I was able to get some sleep in a chair. I continued to have A-Fib after my surgery and that required another trip to the hospital for a 5 hour surgery to help correct the problem. I will find out on January 22, if the Doctor thinks it was successful. My heart rate is down when I do walking and exercises so I believe it was.

What does 2019 hold for us? Will Congress learn to work with the President or will they continue the partisan politics until the next election. I've been a registered member on both sides, Republican until George HW came along and I decided I didn't care for his attitude and the way he went about his business. I saw how the Republican Congress acted when Obama was President and fully expect the Democrats will do the same. What a shame we can't work together and get the things done that need to be done.

On a more personal note, I'm wondering when I will be done with major projects to our home. We have someone coming to give us a bid for rain gutters, and I'm wanting to get a bid on a circular driveway. Tomorrow we have people coming to install a new TV on the wall in our bedroom where our recumbent bike now resides. We have moved it from room to room and I believe it has found a home. I dusted it off today and rode it for 30 min, not sure if I'm trying to break in the bike or myself, probably both, I continue to walk 2 miles daily when the weather cooperates, today it's 44 degrees with a light wind. I managed 1 1/2 miles so far and I'm thinking about trying to get in another mile.

When I lived in the foothills, I would walk 3 miles round trip to the mailbox. This was fine the first few years, as I got older it was hard to walk the distance without needing to use a bathroom and none were available. We purchased a tread mill and I did my walking on it. It was ok but it's a walk to nowhere, even with a TV in the room it still left a lot to be desired. I enjoy looking at the scenery and everything the Lord has made. I missed getting out and enjoying the fresh air and wonderful sights. Living in the city has rectified my concern for needing to use a restroom. I have a one mile trek that I walk with shortcuts to my house if it becomes necessary. The scenery is completely different but sometimes you have to take the good with bad.

I don't plan on making any resolutions for the next year because I don't stick with them. I started walking to help maintain my health and that is my goal for 2019. We are going to begin watching what we eat, and that will go by the wayside when we get tired of the foods we've chosen to dine on.

I'm looking forward to the New Year and all the exciting possibilities awaiting us!

Life Is Good

© Copyright 2018 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948549-The-END-of-2018