*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947964-Visions-of-sugarplums-And-fudge-And-pizza-And
by Tanith
Rated: E · Book · Writing.Com · #2135844
With coffee and writing implements at hand, I can determine the shape of today.
#947964 added December 22, 2018 at 7:23am
Restrictions: None
Visions of sugarplums. And fudge. And pizza. And...
Well, it's the last day of work before Christmas. And it's a day when I can drive home in daylight which makes me happy.

Generally at the library we relax on the last day before Christmas break...we're even allowed to read, or noodle around on the web in between helping the patrons that do come in. Both the break room and the workroom/office area are stuffed with goodies...cookies, muffins, fudge, candy, chips, even some leftover pizza from a party on Thursday. These are provided by patrons who clearly think we don't eat enough. Some of it is also left over from last weekend's gingerbread house workshop. Whatever else happens at that library, we won't starve for a while.

I'm looking forward to a more relaxed pace today. This may or may not be our last Christmas in the old building, provided they can stick to their plan and have the new library ready by next fall. That makes it rather special. Then again, for me a bad day at the library is still better than a good day at the Palace of Earthly Delights...so every day is special for me.

© Copyright 2018 Tanith (UN: tanith49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tanith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/947964-Visions-of-sugarplums-And-fudge-And-pizza-And