*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948608-Welcome-2019
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#948608 added January 1, 2019 at 10:05am
Restrictions: None
Welcome 2019
Hello 2019; I wonder what's in store for me, my wife and my extended family. Will I sit back and wait for things to happen or will I step up and step out to embrace the New Year? Only time will tell!

I woke up at 3:00 AM this morning to my cat crying, which is normal at that hour. I usually start my day at this time even if Greta is not making noise. A habit, I acquired during my working years, I can't seem to shed. The temp is 28 degrees outside and the high is projected to be 44. This is normal weather for the High Desert, one of the drawbacks to living here but the air is cleaner and the smog is not bad, and we aren't as congested. We don't have as many people living in the High Desert, though it has grown in the past 20 years, with the price of housing considerable lower, There are a lot of people who commute long distances to work for that reason.

Since I'm an older person I didn't celebrate the New Years arrival, I was asleep by the time pictures of the ball dropping in New York came onto the TV screen at 9 pm. No hangover, no wondering what I did that I don't remember. Just easy living at its best.

I plan to walk my 2 miles today once the sun comes up and warms the air a tad bit. 44 degrees can be tolerable if the wind is not blowing, and there are no clouds around. My dog Gracie will join me, and I'm looking forward to it. I also plan on getting on the bike for 30 min, the TV won't be installed until tomorrow so I will be listening to music to help pass the time while I ride to nowhere, just like the treadmill I sold when we moved. Taking the good with the bad.

It's time to go take my pills and blood pressure, better living with pharmaceuticals!

Life Is Good

© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/948608-Welcome-2019