*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949901-I-Am-Capricorn
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#949901 added January 17, 2019 at 11:47pm
Restrictions: None
I Am Capricorn!
30 Day Blogging Challenge

Do a bit of research on your Zodiac Sign. What are the associated characteristics of people with your sign and how do you exhibit those characteristics?
I am a Capricorn. My birthday is January 12. Capricorn is from December 22 to January 19, I believe. It is one of the Earth signs which means they are grounded, conservative and realistic. They are also practical, loyal and dependable. They stick by people through thick and thin.

Capricorn in a nutshell:
Strengths: Responsible, disciplined, self-control, good managers
Weaknesses: Know-it-all, unforgiving, condescending, expecting the worst
Capricorn likes: Family, tradition, music, understated status, quality craftsmanship
Capricorn dislikes: Almost everything at some point

Capricorn is a sign that represents time and responsibility, and its representatives are traditional and often very serious by nature. These individuals possess an inner state of independence that enables significant progress both in their personal and professional lives. They are masters of self-control and have the ability to lead the way, make solid and realistic plans, and manage many people who work for them at any time. They will learn from their mistakes and get to the top based solely on their experience and expertise.
https://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.com/zodiac-signs/capricorn/


As for me exhibiting these characteristics, I find myself expecting the worst and that tends to undermine the strengths of discipline. I can be very focused, but if I am stressed I can veer out into the abyss of terror and scattered thoughts. I often hide in something else or lose myself in a private session of tears, before I finally settle back and get some serious work done. I am kind of in that place right now as I prepare for a job interview. I have decided to book a few days off (Friday and Monday off) to help me get some focus and reduce the stress levels. I just have to make sure that I avoid excessive, mindless TV viewing and escapist reading (romance novels). I will reward myself with the reading if I get a decent amount of work done towards the task at hand. I just need to make a decision and follow through on it when it comes to deciding on what lesson plan to chose and how to make up a 5 day at a glance at my math program. Once I do that I will find everything else will fall into place.

As a child I was serious and did not appreciate the idiocy of my peers.

I also need to get a good amount of rest and eat sensible.

Most of the time my self control is pretty good. I at least look calm and composed on the outside (like a duck), but below the surface I am paddling like hell... hoping no one sees me as the fraud that I feel like. As for being a good manager... I can step up if need be, but I tend to stay open to making sure that I listen to others and hear what they have to say. I am not a dictator, I am more of a facilitator guiding the process. That is my teaching style anyway.

As for the other weaknesses... I don't see myself as a know it all. At least I hope not. One thing I learned in university was that I am only scratching the surface of the world's knowledge. And it is in constant change and flux.

Unforgiving and condescending... I hope not. I am not a fan of stupid behaviour, but I am tolerant. Less so when the person doing the stupid behaviour is an adult who should know better. As for unforgiving... I am working on that.

I can attest to liking the Capricorn Likes up above. When it comes to understated status I much prefer the smaller artist or musician than someone who gets for too much attention, like Justin Beiber. As far as I am concerned his 'fans' have brought stupidity to a town, Stratford, Ontario, that used to be only known for it Stratford Festival.

Music, tradition and family are all important to me. I love to sing and make up songs. I love the traditions of my family. My family is important to me. On of the issues I had with my ex husband was that he was not a fan of my family. Over the years with him, I saw less and less of my family and lots of his. It was not really fair. I have always felt 'normal' around my family. With his I felt out of place and slightly off balance. Whenever we saw mine he would be offended by how we interacted... that is part of the reason I tended to act differently around my family when he was with me.... and in doing so I was not being truly myself.

As for a Capricorn's Dislikes, I laugh at the comment of 'almost everything at some point', but I can see that in pet peeves I have. The annoying things others do. Sometimes, I can shake it off, other times it will drive me nuts.

© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/949901-I-Am-Capricorn