*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952359-I-Like-Me-Better--Theres-No-Way
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#952359 added February 18, 2019 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
I Like Me Better / There's No Way
DAY 12

"I Like Me Better"
"There's No Way"
by Lauv




I initially found this song on the To All The Boys I've Loved Before soundtrack. Which is actually a fantastic soundtrack, by the way. This song has been on my current playlist since that movie came out in August of last year, which makes it one of the longest-running tracks on my Current Playlist. I really like the simplicity of the beats, and he's got a unique sound. He's relatively new to the music scene; after a brief stint producing music for other acts, he started his own music efforts in earnest in 2014 and released his first EP in 2015. This song was released in 2017, gained immediate popularity, and resulted in Lauv joining Ed Sheeran on the Asia leg of his Divide Tour.

Lauv is also one of the few artists to have more than one song featured in my Current Playlist. I don't like to sample too much of the same artist when I put together a playlist because I like a variety of music, but I just couldn't help but add his follow-up "There's No Way" (featuring Julia Michaels) to my playlist as well. This song was released in September of last year, but it took me a couple of months of listening to "I Like Me Better" on repeat before I stumbled across this song. It has a lot of the same hallmarks of his other songs, though. Fairly simple beats and lyrics, but still very catchy and unique-sounding.

I have a feeling he's going to be one of my new favorite artists. At least at the moment, I'm definitely excited to see what he comes up with next.




-------------------------
Written for "The Soundtrack of Your Life

© Copyright 2019 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952359-I-Like-Me-Better--Theres-No-Way