*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952360-Ruin-My-Life
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#952360 added February 18, 2019 at 3:08pm
Restrictions: None
Ruin My Life
DAY 13

"Ruin My Life"
by Zara Larsson




Move over, ABBA, Roxette, Ace of Base, Avicii, Cardigans, Europe, and Eagle Eye Cherry... I have a new Swedish artist to add to my Current Playlist favorites! For the record, Roxette's "Listen to Your Heart" is the only other song from these bands that is actually currently on a playlist of mine. Not that I don't love "Save Tonight" and "The Final Countdown" ... they're just not in the current rotation. *Laugh*

I've heard a handful of Zara Larsson's songs before, but none of them really stuck until this one. It's the single from her upcoming third studio album (second international release). It's a little unusual for me to choose a pessimistic song about a toxic relationship (I'm usually more of an upbeat messaging kind of guy), but the beat and the rhythm are just so catchy in this song I can't help but keep listening to it.

Even though she's only 21, she's actually been around for over a decade, ever since she won the 2008 season of Talang (Sweden's version of America's Got Talent). She signed with a record label in 2012 and released her first EP in 2013. That EP would eventually be certified 3x platinum in Sweden and get her on the radar of record labels around the world.

-------------------------
Written for "The Soundtrack of Your Life

© Copyright 2019 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952360-Ruin-My-Life