*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952364-How-Can-I-Forget
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
by Jeff
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#952364 added February 18, 2019 at 3:32pm
Restrictions: None
How Can I Forget
DAY 14

"How Can I Forget"
by MKTO




First, I would just like to point out the excessive lengths someone at Wikipedia is going to in order to point out that the name MKTO came from a combination of the duo's initials: "They later formed as a duo and came up with the name MKTO, which represents the combined initials of their names and surnames, MK for Malcolm Kelley and TO for Tony Oller." Thanks for making that crystal clear, Wikipedia! *Rolleyes* It was also fun to realize that these two met each other while filming a television series for Nickelodeon.

I like the vocals in this song, and it has a pretty catchy beat. I haven't listened to any of their other stuff so it's hard to say whether MKTO (which stands for the initials, first name and last name, of Malcolm Kelly - MK - and Tony Oller - TO, FYI *Laugh*) will be making repeated appearances on my Current Playlist or if this is a one-and-done kind of thing.

Honestly, the band they remind me most of is Nico & Vinz, a previous Soundtrackers entry of mine from 2015: {entry: 840534}. "When That Day Comes" isn't perhaps the best comparison, but there's a link to "Am I Wrong?" which I think is a very close comparison. Anyway, probably like Nico & Vinz, I'll keep MKTO around for a while until the simple lyrics start to feel a little tired. *Wink*

-------------------------
Written for "The Soundtrack of Your Life

© Copyright 2019 Jeff (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jeff has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/952364-How-Can-I-Forget