*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953326
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2131773
Charity's views on writing, ramblings, and everything else that she decides to share.
#953326 added March 9, 2019 at 7:27am
Restrictions: None
BCOF 2292: The Fantasy World
“Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.” -Dr. Seuss

Oh, the fantasy world! I learned about it years ago when reading The Black Stallion. Not a fantasy book but still fictional, I was quickly consumed and obsessive about the stories. I wrote book reports about each book in the series, unable to stop reading. I spent countless hours reading them, seeking a respite from the brutal realities of my own world. And for those hours, it worked. I became a voracious reader at that point, consuming books like a candy addict. Books became my drug of choice.

Then at age 14 I learned of a new kind of magic thanks to an English teacher. I could create my own fantasy worlds and transport others. What new bliss that was! I discovered a new high and my first novel attempt was 14 pages before the idea fizzled and died. For many years, the main character, Selena Darkwalk was my handle online. Having no idea what I was doing, I played, experimented, and learned all about this new world. In my 20's I learned about actual fantasy and discovered a new love for J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Goodkind, and Terry Brooks among others. For almost two decades I've eagerly consumed the fantasy worlds created by others and have no intentions of stopping. From Piers Anthony to Sara Douglass (sadly, she's deceased) to Naomi Novik to J.K. Rowling, the fantasy realm is rich, varied, and endless! And more than any other genre, that appeals to me. I love the idea of fantastical creatures: dragons, unicorns, elves, and anything the mind can come up with. Fantasy is a genre with limitless potential that's evolving further all the time.

I personally have been part of that evolution. My first published children's book, "Jason, Lizzy, and the Snowman Village" is a modern look at Christmas through the lenses of two children who must save a snowman village in time for Christmas. My second children's novel, "Jason, Lizzy, and the Ice Dragon" deals with a dragon named Abigail who is a little girl trapped in dragon form. The resulting story tests the bonds of friendship and understanding as they journey to free her." To say fantasy is necessary in my life is an understatement - for me it's essential. My current novella in progress, "How to Adopt a Dragon" is testament to that. Reyna, the main character is forced to choose between an arranged marriage or a life of freedom as a dragon flyer. Tough choice, right? Little does she realize the far reaching consequences of her actions.

Need a review? Submit a bitem link to "Invalid Item

Need something to review? Access my portfolio showcase here. Items are ordered newest to oldest in each category:

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2177494 by Not Available.


New Sig for Rising Stars  Charity Marie Personal Signature



** Image ID #2177703 Unavailable **
Join us on Discord for real-time chats!: https://discordapp.com/invite/Wa8sgg8

© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (UN: cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Charity Marie - <3 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953326