*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953623-What-Counts-and-My-Past-Week
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#953623 added March 3, 2019 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
What Counts and My Past Week
Jamál (Beauty), 2 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 175 B.E. - Sunday, March 3, 2019

FORUM
30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS  (13+)
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
#1786069 by Fivesixer

PROMPT March 3rd “Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts.”
Respond to the quote above. If you need more to write about, give us a recap of your past week.

What Counts?

What counts? The answer to this question has changed as I matured. At 72, I'm closer to the door leading into the Abha Paradise than I was twenty-five or fifty years ago, this means that may answer to that question today is different than my answer would have been in the twentieth century. Now the things that count are the divine virtues I've developed over the last seventy-two years, and those I will develop before the Angel of Death severs the connection between my soul and body.



You can count how many seeds in an apple...
but you can't count how many apples in a seed.

Wordperfect

The finite is knowable:
An apple produces a measurable number of seeds;
The number of atom in a water molecule are limited.

The infinite is unknowable:
An apple seed produces a measureless number of apples;
The number of water molecules in an ocean is limitless.

What counts? Now, in the twenty-first century, my answer is love, the Unknowable Creator, Baha'u'llah, infinity, and myself--to name just a few. These things count because my knowledge about them continues to expand. Knowledge counts because it assists in the survival of both the human soul and body. There are other things that count, as well; however, the majority of them have intangible components that have to be experienced rather than listed.

My Past Week

My past week was interesting and boring simultaneously. We got a little bit of rain, and the temperature has begun to warm up. I received a package I was expecting earlier than I anticipated. The Nineteen Day Fast began on March 2, which was the first day of ‘Alá’--the month of Loftiness. At 72, I am no longer required to fast; however, I can continue to say the prayers Baha'u'llah revealed for the Fast. Yesterday, I finished four poems "The Arrival of Spring, "Love yourself; it will be okay, "The Wayfarer's Journey Begins, and "Celebrating Spring.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/953623-What-Counts-and-My-Past-Week