*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954647-Celebrating-Naw-Ruz-and-a-New-Year
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#954647 added March 20, 2019 at 4:49pm
Restrictions: None
Celebrating Naw-Ruz and a New Year
‘Idál (Justice), 19 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 175 B.E. - Wednesday, March 20, 2019

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2313: What plans do you have for the spring, now that it's officially here. Gardening, traveling, getting in shape, or even writing more now that we have more natural sunlight. Happy Ostara aka the Vernal Equinox aka 1st day of Spring.

It is the last day of ‘Alá’ (Loftiness) 175 B.E., which occurs between sunset on March 19 and sunset on March 20. Naw-Ruz, the first day of Bahá (Splendor) 176 B.E., occurs between sunset on March 20 and sunset on March 21. This is the day the sun crosses the celestial equator, and when spring begins in the Northern Hemisphere. It is a joyful day for the Baha'is and many others who celebrate the first day of spring as a New Year. For the Baha'is across the world, Naw-Ruz is symbolizes a the advent of Baha'u'llah, a new revelation from God.


"The Revelation which, from time immemorial, hath been acclaimed as the Purpose and Promise of all the Prophets of God, and the most cherished Desire of His Messengers, hath now, by virtue of the pervasive Will of the Almighty and at His irresistible bidding, been revealed unto men. The advent of such a Revelation hath been heralded in all the sacred Scriptures."
Baha’u’llah1

This is a New Day2,
this is the promised in all the sacred scriptures,
this is the Day of God.

The appearance of the Bab and Baha'u'llah ushered in God's promised day. The tumult humanity is going through right now can be likened to the floods caused by snow melt when spring comes to the mountains. Right now we, the human race, is moving into maturity which is just as tumultuous as spring floods. Eventually this tumult will end and world peace will come because humanity will eventually accept the oneness of the species, the oneness of God, and the oneness of the foundation of all religions.

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 5.
2  Naw-Ruz means new day.


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/954647-Celebrating-Naw-Ruz-and-a-New-Year