*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956938-Reading-and-yard-work
by brom21
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2118726
This is a test.
#956938 added April 18, 2019 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Reading and yard work...
Today hasn’t been bad. I got out of bed at around 9:30 in the morning. I did my daily devotional and read for an hour. I was, as usual, ready to hit the PS4 but I opted to read. I did play a little for about fifteen minutes. Next I went to the store to exchange two flavors of sorbet, but the booth lady got it wrong. Rather than correct her, I just accepted it and walked. lol. I don’t like it when customers get upset even when they are right.

If we put bits into horse’s mouths to control them, we guide their whole bodies as well. See the ships. They are very large and driven by strong winds, yet they are guided by a small rudder wherever the pilot’s will directs. So the tongue is a small member, but it boasts great things. See how a forest is set ablaze by a small fire! The tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members staining the whole body. It sets on fire the whole course of life and set on fire by Hell. Every beast and bird and reptile and sea creature can be tamed and has been tamed by man. But no human being can tame the tongue. It is full of deadly poison. With it we bless our God and Father and with we curse people made in the likeness of God.

I may have missed a word or two. lol.

Though they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption. By whom a person is overcome by which he is also brought into bondage. After having escaped the pollutions of this world by the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, being entangled again in them, the latter end is worse than the beginning. For it would have been better not to know the way of righteousness than to have known and turn from the commandment given to them. But it has happed to them according to the true proverb: the dog returns to its own vomit, and the sow having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.

I did mean to enter the Cramp. But, I had to do yardwork. Plus I would not have had enough time to compose an entry. I will try tomorrow in the morning after I have read my book and after I have done an hour worth of yardwork.
Well, I called my buddy Joel from down the street with no answer. I got his voicemail. Hopefully, he’ll get back to me. I should have asked his wife when I saw her on my way back from the store. Stupid me.
It’s heating up now so much so that I can walk to the gym with it not being too cold. I’m just going to focus on the yard for the next few weeks and do it in the morning when it is not too hot.
Jim gets off at 8:30 tonight. I saw him at the store. He is a working machine. lol. I couldn’t do it.
I need money-now. WA isn’t working out so well. I need time to write and read. I’ll sart by reading and writing in the morning than WA stuff later on. I hope that plan works.
Well, that’s it for me, goodbye.

© Copyright 2019 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/956938-Reading-and-yard-work