*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958201-201954-sensual-blog
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#958201 added May 4, 2019 at 12:20am
Restrictions: None
2019年5月4日: sensual blog
I often write down senses. And many of my poems and short stories are sensual. Earlier I recorded this: pen, ink and rose petals; smell of carnations; furry geranium leaf; sound of tango music; orange-yellow double-daffs; sweet taste of goat-cheese.

But... now I'm supposed to list hear, smell and feel... outside! 2 minutes outside at Twilight? What if the vampires get me? Tonight is First Friday and the hunting should be good.

Earlier, I visited 5 places around the block here. I barely had enough energy to do that; my energy levels come and go. I'll mention this again when I see the doctor but tests always come back "normal".

So, my feeble fight with the prompt:

I'm going deaf. So: roof exhaust; roar of traffic; hush of traffic; chatter. Inside: sizzle of frying fish. What I can see but cannot hear: flap of the flag; roar of the river; flight of a small bird.

My smeller doesn't work well either. When my aunt became old she could only smell burning onions. I'm getting there. Strong smelly foods don't bother me as much as before. So: fresh air. Inside: fish. What I can see but not smell: snow melt in the mountains; a sunset orange and mauve.

Feel? The air from the ceiling fan; heat of a pan lid; cold soapy water.

I admit this isn't much but it's what I have to offer.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Put April 3rd and 4th journal entries on-line for future editing. Did get out to Senior Center and later for a short while to see the art exhibits of First Friday. Reading. Cooking.
NEW BLOGVILLE: Not all of us are connected to a recorded past. Some of us come from families that don't look back or from families that hide the truth or families that just don't tell stories. Hard prompt. I'm keeping up with my blog reading. I appreciate those who visit me in return.

Constellation of Two Otters

We bind our bodies
to each other, sleep like otters
hand-in-hand. It's easy
to get lost in this universe,
not so easy to search
the slime and sands to find
you again. I'm not resigned
to separation. I hold fast
to what time we have. When
quakes and quagmires unbalance
me and blindness replaces
the light, I'll fight to turn back
the hands-of-time, remember
how we floated off together
as if you were forever mine.

© Kåre Enga (2.mai.2019) [176.70.zm]
101.521

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958201-201954-sensual-blog