*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958221-Smelling-Hearing-Feeling
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#958221 added May 4, 2019 at 12:25pm
Restrictions: None
Smelling, Hearing, Feeling
Stand outside for two minutes. Make a list of ten things you can smell, ten things you can hear, and ten things you can feel
.

This book is a Hoot! The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing. Barbara Kingsolver
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/outdoors




I took my facts from the time I spent doing Pony chores in the barn this morning.

Ten Smells:
1. Fresh mowed grass = The neighbors are mowing already.
2. Hoof dressing from painting the ponies hoofs before she goes out for the day.
3. Kerosene from the kerosene can on the back porch.
4. Hay, from when I put out hay for the pony for the morning.
5. Daffodils from the yard.
6. Pony manure from pitching waste into the trailer.
7. Freshness of the air, just from leaving the enclosed space of the house and walking into the back yard.
8. Wood from the pile of cut wood by the shed door. I think it is cherry.
9. Auto exhaust as k left with the car.
10. Diesel from the tractor.

Ten Things you can hear (I have perfect pitch) Sounds can be distracting or unidentifiable
1. Peepers on the pond: yes even early morning on a rainy day they sing.
2. The honk of a blue heron also on the pond.
3. Canada geese flying over, headed for the beaver dam.
4. many different kinds of bird calls welcoming the day
5. The pony yelling hi when she hears me come into the barn.
6. A squirrel scolding from a tree. probably mad I'm on its porch. Um. I mean my porch.
7. Dogs barking. Neighbors and mine.
8. lawn mower starting. K trying to get it ready to mow.
9. telephone. early morning call from my daughter.
10. Electrical sounds in the air / probably from the electric lines or someone saying a rosary.

Ten thing you can feel?
1. Dampness from the fog.
2. Wet grass
3. Coarse mane on the pony while brushing her
4. Smoothness of the old wooden handle of the pitch fork.
5. Cold metal on the barn door lock.
6. Softness of the hay when I shake it out.
7. Char's dog leash in my hand is crocheted 100 percent twisted nylon twine. It has wooden beads embedded in the weave. I can feel the weave and the beads as the leash slides through my fingers and then is gathered up again when he runs forward and backward smelling the ground as he goes.
8. Cold of the metal when I hold the Barn door open for Char.
9. The rough texture of hay twine that I use to tie the stable door leading to the paddock open so the pony can move in and out of the barn for the day.
10. Coldness of the air, which caused the fog, when the cold air rolled over the ground, which was warmed yesterday.

The quote above from Barbara Kingsolver made me remember that being in tune with the outdoors gives people a natural awareness of the surrounding environment. You may not realize that you smell, hear, or feel things until you think about what you are feeling, seeing, smelling or hearing.


Merit Badge in Golden Reader Award
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on finishing your  [Link To Item #2174465]  for 2018 *^*Bookopen*^*!

~Minja Seeya!


© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/958221-Smelling-Hearing-Feeling