*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959318-Close-Your-Eyes-Take-a-Deep-Breathe-and-Live-On
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#959318 added May 20, 2019 at 7:48am
Restrictions: None
Close Your Eyes Take a Deep Breathe and Live On!
What time of day are you most motivated? Least motivated? For me, I’m most motivated and productive in the morning, and least in the mid afternoon around 2pm. What do you do to renew your motivation in those slumps?


Manx Cat from Japan


{{size:3.5}b}Quotes: “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.
Mother Theresa

When I was looking for some quotes this morning I found (well Google Found) a whole page of quotes and really I could not decide which one to use. That's how great they were: https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/time. sometimes small quotes about a subject just say it all.

Here is another one from the linked page:“Books have a unique way of stopping time in a particular moment and saying: Let’s not forget this.”
Dave Eggers


Time of Day


My life has been so influenced by books. I read a book about exercise for women ages ago. I gave a half - hearted search for the name of the author. Since I know it was a library book before kindle came into my life I might find it again but not today.

Anyway, it did a really good talk about morning people, afternoon people, and evening people. It explained that there are people in all those areas that function better at a certain time of day. According to the story that's the time of day when you should exercise. That is when I found the fatal flaw in the argument. Me.

I deliberately organize my day according to what I want to accomplish. I prefer to get up and work until about 11:30 a.m. then stop to feed lunch to the critters. Then stop for my own lunch which can be as long as I want since I have no real schedule. Then I might hit the work load again.

Because I have no motivating schedule I might read all day, after morning chores if it rains or snows. I might play games on my kindle before climbing out of bed, which puts morning cleaning chores off until after I get up.

Morning chores can be cleaning cat boxes, and bird cages, loading or unloading the dish washer, feeding breakfast to critters, sweeping through the house to put some things in order. feeding the pony and cleaning the barn, wash, dry, and put away clean clothing or clean porches. In between any chores I decide to do I may do yoga / ride a stationary bike / lift some weights / vacuum any floor of house / yard work / spring gardening / I don't do all of these every day.

I pick and chose what will keep the family and pets going from day to day. Writing, reading, blogging etc. is pushed in where ever I put it. I prefer to do afternoon TV, reading books, and sedentary things in the afternoon.

Baking is good in the morning because I can clean up the kitchen as I go along. Besides I hate cooking so it gets done early.

Today, we may have to fix the barn door that came off the hinges last week? No idea why, it was not even a windy day. I won't have to do much of the work but I am nevertheless moving my day around because of it.

I prefer to do most of the work in the morning so my afternoon is free for fun stuff reading, writing, TV, dog walks (which might happen in the morning). I read a lot. Lots of times what I prefer does not happen since the day and hours are always up for grabs. We just don't always stick to a schedule. What if there is only one chapter left in the book. I read the book and clean in the afternoon.

It seems like I have a lot of things that keep me busy. But, I throw the whole lot into a bag shake it up and pick out whatever will keep the factory going, That is what I try to accomplish on any given day.

Someone once told me you slow down when you get older and I know I have. I don't do dairy farming, or train horses, or raise children any more. But, I do lots of different things that will always be here to do. Like picking up limbs after a bad wind storm. If you are busy enough it really isn't wrong to chuck it all to read, write or blog. The work will wait for a week or a day. I will get it done and keep it all going. I even finished an afghan this winter.

Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/959318-Close-Your-Eyes-Take-a-Deep-Breathe-and-Live-On